The South Glens Falls (N.Y.) district is proposing a $33.6 million facilities improvement plan.
Oliver W. Winch Middle School and the athletic fields will see the most extensive upgrades, reports The Post-Star.
The middle school's large group instruction room will be converted into an updated theater space.
Other middle school improvements:
- Relocating bathrooms from the lobby to improve entry space and relocate nurses’ office to the main entry
- Improving the library
- Upgrading and improving ceilings, lighting, paint, flooring in classrooms
- Modernizing locker rooms
- Relocating the seventh-grade science lab
- Expanding the band classroom
- Improving modern learning spaces
The district also will add a multipurpose turf field on the high school campus. The track and the baseball field at the high school will be moved to the Tanglewood Elementary School site.
If the project is approved, construction would begin in summer 2023 and continue until the summer of 2027.