A heating lamp for reptiles started a fire in Dover, Okla., building that destroyed the town's high school and heavily damaged middle and elementary classrooms.
The Oklahoman reports that the fire early Tuesday began in a science room at the high school. and caused extensive damage to seven classrooms and the principal's office.
Fire officials say the high school portion of the campus is a total loss.
The school district has canceled classes for the rest of the week and plans to resume school sometime next week. Officials told KOTV-TV that when students return, high school classes will be held in the elementary section of the campus until a more long-term solution can be found.
Video from KOTV-TV: