California high school dedicates new solar power array

Nov. 22, 2011
American Canyon High has 4,000 installed solar panels

From The American Canyon Eagle: American Canyon High School in American Canyon, Calif., has dedicated a new solar power system that is expected to save the school district millions in energy costs. The 1-megawatt system features 4,000 solar panels mounted on the school’s roof and on the ground in the campus’ northeast corner. The panels will produce more than 1.1 million kilowatt-hours each year. Napa Valley Unified School District officials say the system cost $5 million--65 percent covered by the school construction budget and the remaining 35 percent paid for with rebates form the local power utility.

Sponsored Recommendations