Mold forces students out of residence hall at University of Louisville

Oct. 11, 2012
270 freshman must relocate after university closes Miller Hall

From The Louisville Courier-Journal: The University of Louisville has told 270 freshmen to move out of a residence hall because it has high levels of mold. Effective now, the students are not allowed to stay overnight in Miller Hall; they have until 6 p.m. Sunday to remove all of their belongings. The residence hall will be closed the rest of the semester; students are being moved to other residence halls, university-affiliated housing or hotel rooms near campus. Inspections uncovered high levels of two types of mold spores, aspergillus and penicillium, that could affect people with allergies, asthma and upper respiratory problems if exposed to high levels in closed spaces.

Sponsored Recommendations