Chicago student dies from allergic reaction to food

Dec. 21, 2010
7th grader at Edison Regional Gifted Center reportedly reacted to peanut oil

From The Chicago Tribune: A seventh-grade student at Edison Regional Gifted Center in Chicago died after having an allergic reaction to food she ate at school. Katelyn Carlson, 13, died of anaphylaxis, a severe reaction to a food allergy. Two parents of other students said they had been told by school officials that Katelyn had a severe allergic reaction to peanut oil from Chinese food ordered from a restaurant for a class party.

Sponsored Recommendations