Carbon monoxide closes Houston school

April 22, 2008
High school evacuated after fumes were detected

Classes at a Houston high school were canceled Tuesday after a rise in carbon monoxide was detected inside the building. About 10 people were treated after being evacuated Monday afternoon from Challenge Early College High School, which is on the Houston Community College Southwest campus and the carbon monoxide activity was found only inside the high school. Construction occurring on the college campus is believed to be have caused the carbon monoxide levels to rise inside the building.

Click here to read The Houston Chronicle article.

Sponsored Recommendations