Manchester (Ohio) district seeks funds for two new schools

March 2, 2009
$26.1 million bond would pay local share of facilities

Voters in the Manchester (Ohio) Local Schools District will go to the polls on May 5 to decide the fate of a $26.1 million bond request. The school board decided to construct two buildings, one housing prekindergarten through sixth grades and the other for seventh through 12th grades. The state has offered to pay 43 percent of the cost, or $19.7 million, to build new facilities, with the community contributing the remaining 57 percent, or $26.1 million, which would come from the bond issue.

To read The South Side Leader article, click here.

Sponsored Recommendations