Seven students in San Francisco treated for ingesting rat poison found in classroom

Jan. 14, 2011
Children from Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School mistook the poison for candy

From The San Francisco Chronicle: Seven students from Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in San Francisco were taken to hospitals after ingesting small amounts of rat poison they found on top of a classroom filing cabinet. Officials say the students thought the single blue cube was candy. The seven were transported to three local hospitals, but were not expected to suffer any harmful consequences. "The poison would have to be consumed in a much larger quantity to be toxic for humans, officials say. The rat bait is not supposed to be in classrooms, the district says, and it It was unclear how it wound up there.

Sponsored Recommendations