Date: Monday, August 20th, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 Hour
Many factors contribute to the aging of a roof system, and can be the cause of immediate problems. Some of these, such as extreme weather events, are beyond the control of the building owner.
But perhaps the single biggest cause of premature roof failure – forgetting about regular maintenance – can be avoided. A systematic roof inspection and maintenance program is essential to the satisfactory long-term performance of any roof. Through such a program, potential problems can be found in their early stages or prevented altogether.
- Attendees will learn what wears out roofs.
- Attendees will learn what can cause immediate problems with roofs.
- Attendees will learn what areas require regular inspection, as well as what to look for in those areas.
- Attendees will learn the importance of regular cleaning of the roof and drains.
- Attendees will receive suggestions for controlling/monitoring activity on the roof.
- Attendees will learn the impact of roof alterations, and responsible considerations for alteration.
Ken Wolford RRC, LEED AP BD+C
Manager of Product and Technical Support