Clock tower restoration

At the University of New Hampshire, Durham, the Thompson Hall clock tower is an icon for the university, which includes a likeness of the tower within its logo. The clock tower recently was restored as part of an overall restoration of Thompson Hall.

The scope of the project includes restoring the building's masonry exterior, copper details and slate roof; a window replacement project including lead-paint abatement; and structural reinforcements on the main campus building.

Built in 1892, Thompson Hall is the only building on the University of New Hampshire campus that is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The architect for this project is Goody Clancy, Boston, and the construction manager is Shawmut Design and Construction, Boston.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish