Schoolhouse Beat

Worker at Pennsylvania school dies from apparent electrocution

A subcontractor working on electrical systems at an elementary school in Pennsylvania has died, apparently from electrocution. The Norristown Times Herald reports that the incident occurred Wednesday night in the mechanical closet at Skippack Elementary School in Collegeville, Pa. The Perkiomen Valley School District says the worker was installing lighting fixtures in the school when emergency responders were summoned to a reported electrocution. Students were not in school Thursday because of Rosh Hashanah; classes are expected to resume Friday,

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish