The University of Richmond evacuated a building as a result of what officials said was a “hazardous gas” situation. Gray Court, the site of the evacuation, is an on-campus dorm that houses upperclassmen, a Richmond CBS news affiliate reported.
Fire crews said that carbon monoxide caused the evacuation. Construction crews were working in the basement of Gray Court at the time the order was issued.
About 50 pre-orientation and orientation students were in the dorm at the time of the evacuation. The dorm was not full of students because classes did not begin at the university until August 25th. No one was injured in the incident, according to reports.